Let’s face it, most B2B copy sucks.
It’s drenched in jargon, cliches and corporate claptrap. All it cares about is preaching from the stage about how wonderful it is, when it should be engaging prospects in a conversation about resolving their pains and fears.
Is it any surprise up to 80% of B2B content is never even read?
And if no one reads it, how will your marketing ever generate leads and sales for your business?
However, it’s not all doom and gloom.
The good news is that, while your competitors try to peddle their products with self praising guff, you have a golden chance to stand out.
By injecting your marketing with copy that harnesses storytelling, takes a stand against the lies told in your marketplace and swipes aside hyperbole to talk to prospects in a human way, you can position yourself as the forward thinking, customer focused leader in your industry.
Your copy can be your salesman that never sleeps.
Your customer service representative who addresses objections in a calm, convincing way.
And your ambassador who promotes the ‘reason why‘ your brand exists, while your competitors rely on fancy words alone.
In fact, even if your product looks cookie cutter on paper, the strength of your copy can position it as the superior choice.
You can then join Apple, Harley Davidson and Nike in the enriching azure waters of the ‘blue sea’ of exceptionalism. While your competitors fight for survival over price in the shark infested waters of the ‘red sea’.
“Everything about Matt’s work and his approach to it is commendable. His copy is clear, sprightly and a joy to read – even when covering complex subjects. He is highly disciplined about meeting deadlines and very proactive with ideas and responding to queries. I have no hesitation in recommending Matt for any copywriting work you require, and I am certain you will quickly discover he is an excellent researcher and writer, as well as a conscientious, friendly person with whom to do business.” – Anna Sexton, bda
The pressure to create campaigns that actually make money is immense.
Your prospects are bombarded with emails, case studies and articles all begging for attention. But few get read past the headline.
Settling for wishy-washy copy that doesn’t say anything new or interesting is no longer going to cut it.
You’ve got to light a firecracker under your prospect’s chair if you want them sit bolt upright and devour your pitch.
By telling stories, rattling cages and rubbing salt into your prospect’s wound, you can create an emotional desire for the soothing balm that is your product.
But this is still not enough to guarantee success.
To succeed in a world overloaded with buyer’s guides, case studies and free reports, you’ve got to be strategic.
You’ve got to understand your buyer’s mindset.
Be able to ‘show’ rather than ‘tell’ why your product is the best. And be able to plot your content so it leads your prospect every step of their journey from curious to convinced and ready to buy.
This is why I provide STRATEGY to go with the words.
My B2B copywriting service can handle your entire B2B marketing campaigns for you.
From market research to writing B2B copy that converts to distribution to tracking the results, I replace guesswork with clarity and hope with results.
Whether you need an engaging email sequence, a captivating advertorial or a 60 minute video sales letter, I create marketing campaigns that convert more leads into buyers by offering actionable solutions rather than shallow sales pitches.
“Matt has worked on a number of projects for A4D, writing VSLs, advertorials and landing pages. This includes a VSL for the PowerChute golf training aid which, after some fine tuning, is on course to be a million dollar selling promotion.” – Jason Akatiff, A4D
1) Quality – B2B marketing is a waste of time unless prospects find it interesting and it offers a solution they can believe in. My B2B copywriting focuses on your prospect’s challenges and promotes your product in a trustworthy, non-salesy way. Prospects then actually read it and your ROI increases as a result.
“You are competing with every piece of content ever made for every person’s attention. You need to be entertaining. Don’t outsmart. Out entertain.” Dolf van den Brink, President and CEO of Heineken USA
2) Strategic – Too many B2B marketers focus on churning out content to throw against a wall to see what sticks. I don’t do that. My campaigns begin by surveying the market, developing a buyer persona and then plotting content for each stage of the buyer’s journey.
69% of the most effective B2B Marketers have a dedicated content marketing group in their organization – Content Marketing Institute
3) Pipeline assembly – Prospects have to travel on a psychological pathway from problem aware to solution aware to product aware. I can build you a slick pipeline that takes prospects through this process and results in more becoming buyers at the end.
“The buyer’s journey is not really a linear path anymore. It’s more about being ready with the content that prospects need when they are making a decision.” Dillon Allie, VP of Client Services, HDMZ
4) Trackable results (instead of guesswork) – My emails, articles and white papers are written based on best practices and time proven B2B copywriting techniques. I track every share, comment, open, website visit, subscription and sale so we know exactly how your marketing budget is boosting your bottom line.
5) Higher ROI – When you combine quality B2B copywriting with strategic planning and analytics you inevitably get better results. You get campaigns that differentiate you from the competition, that give prospects the logical and emotional triggers to buy and give you the satisfaction knowing future business growth is taken care of.
“If you invest in that top of pipeline content, if you invest in these early-stage relationships, you significantly subsidize the acquisition costs of deals not only in the medium future but well beyond that.” Matt Heinz, President, Heinz Marketing
Discover a 14 step strategy for turning your website into a hub of information that generates leads in a measurable and profitable way.
Please enter your email to download:
“I found Matt randomly on Google a couple of years ago when looking for a video sales letter copywriter. We’ve been working with him ever since and he’s become a valuable asset for our agency. All my team needs to do is send him a Skype message or email with the product we want to promote and he does the rest. He always delivers on time and writes great quality copy. In fact, we even hired him to write the copy for our website, so that tells you all you need to know.” – Shaun Sheik, Jump 450! (North America’s #1 Performance Advertising agency)
1. Experience – For over 10 years I’ve worked on B2B copywriting projects for global brands and tech giants, including Siemens, Technicolor, Micro Focus, Deutsche Post and a few telecoms companies I’m not allowed to name. You get the same premium grade copy I provide to them without the overheads of an agency and a faster turnaround on projects.
2. Qualified – I am a Hubspot certified content marketer and continue to complete marketing and copywriting courses on an ongoing basis. I have my finger on the button of today’s best practices welded with time proven B2B copywriting fundamentals that never change. So I can advise you on a complete strategy, from creating buyer personas to plotting the buyer’s journey to creating trust building content that sells harnessing sales psychology combined with plain common sense.
3. Quality assurance – All the B2B copywriting is researched and written by me. This gives you the reassurance knowing that your articles, case studies and white papers aren’t going to be palmed off to an unknown freelancer who might not deliver the quality you expect. When you have a deadline that’s written in stone, I can work late into the evening and even on weekends to ensure emails get sent and brochures reach desks on schedule.
4. Long-term strategy & support – Content marketing is a marathon, not a sprint. In the B2B & tech world, it can take six months or more before you see consistent results from your content marketing efforts. So my B2B copywriting service is focused on a strategy that grows your exposure, social media presence, website traffic and leads over the long-term. I’ve been working with many of my clients to grow their businesses for years. With me, you can expect to gain long-term support. And not a fly-by-night marketer hunting for their next project.
“We work with Matt regularly on video scripts for our tech clients. As is the nature with creative work, quite often what we’re looking for can change and evolve before we get to the finished product. However, Matt never complains, takes on board any feedback and provides a fast turnaround, even at weekends.” – Karim Majid, Crinel
“We auditioned five copywriters and and Matt’s work was easily the best. Just as important is that his turnaround time for projects is quick and he is reliable. Our sales pages now look and read incredibly well and sales have improved because of it. We now outsource all of our copywriting to Matt on a regular basis and we couldn’t be happier.” – Mike Saif, World Class Coaching (the world’s #1 resource of training materials for soccer coaches)
Have questions? See if they’re answered in my FAQ
Read fresh marketing insights from my melting pot.
Contact me for a B2B copywriting proposal for your project. My proposals are not just a cost and time estimate. I’ll analyze your existing website or marketing collateral and then recommend a growth strategy harnessing my B2B copywriting service. Simply provide a few details about your project and I’ll respond within 48 hours: