Meme Luxury YachtMeme is a luxury yacht available for chartered cruises around the Mediterranean. Unfortunately there's wasn't time for Â to experience its delights firsthand when I was asked to write a brochure for this beautiful boat:
- The copy had to sell the 'experience' and not just the yacht's features
- Targeted at the high end market, the copy needed to express a sense of superiority and prestige
- I had to work in coordination with the design team, boat owner and brokerage company to ensure everything was finalized and ready to go to the printers within a week
PlanetproPlanetpro is a staffing solutions provider specialising in contractors for sales and marketing roles in hi-tech companies. It wanted to new a new website and brochure to reflect its modern, forward thinking approach to contractor recruitment:
- The website copy needed to be punchy and concise, while also professional.
- Planetpro's core USP of offering a consultative approach needed to be emphasized without overloading visitors with too much information.
- The brochures needed to be structured so they provided additional information to what was available on the website while also being effective on their own when handed out at trade shows.
Metal Design Furniture
This company manufactures its own high end metal garden and home furniture. They wanted their catalogue copy to emphasise their furniture's beauty, hardwearing construction and bespoke design:
- Each description needed to give each item a distinct personality.
- The descriptions had to distinguish the furniture from those of competitors.
- Enable readers to visualise having the furniture in their home or garden.
After discussing the requirements, I imagined the situations in which the furniture would be used and tried to build a sense of occasion around each one. The client was delighted with this approach and approved the copy without amends after the first draft.
AAH – Sign up to Trident
This pharmaceuticals supplier needed a brochure it's sales team could leave with clients after a visit. The brochure needed to:
- Reinforce why Trident was the #1 supplier of generics and parallel imports.
- The additional benefits it offered over other suppliers.
- Written in a clear, professional tone without meaningless superlatives and hyperbole.
The brochure copy was completed in one week and signed off after the first draft.
Technicolor – Media Services
Technicolor, a global leader in the home entertainment industry, wanted a brochure to promote its post production services to film studios.
- Highlight the complexity of managing digital media libraries inhouse.
- Explain why outsourcing to Technicolor was the smarter option.
- Reinforce why major Hollywood film studios rely on Technicolor's expertise.
The information for this project was gained, primarily, through conference calls with Technicolor's experts. Their positive response to the completed brochure meant it was just one partnership of many with The Copywriter's Crucible.
Micro Focus – Cobol: No Barriers
Micro Focus wanted to promote the global launch of its application development tool, Visual Cobol R3, with a new brochure, website and video. The timeframe? One week.
- Empathise with why developers have avoided using COBOL in the past.
- Explain why Visual Cobol R3 is different and will save them time and money.
- Breakdown a complex topic, with a lot of jargon, into a concise argument which both developers and finance managers can understand.
Despite the small time frame and the topic's complexity, we were able to digest all the information and produce a clear, compelling brochure ready for launch day.